Monday, November 12, 2007

Is it newsworthy? You tell me...

Once upon a time in a land far, far away......

I was standing on a very crowded bus during rush hour. The light was green, the bus was turning right, and a pedestrian was walking across the crosswalk. The bus driver honked his horn at the pedestrian even though it was his turn to walk and the bus was supposed to wait. The pedestrian and the bus driver started yelling at each other. Finally, the bus started moving again and we heard a loud bang on one of the windows. The pedestrian had thrown something large at the bus and it broke the window. The driver immediately slammed on the breaks and all of us that were standing almost fell down. The driver reached under his seat to get a crowbar, opened his window, jumped out of the window, and chased after the pedestrian.

I looked around at the others and saw fear in their eyes. I got off the bus and took a taxi. I didn't want to put my life in the hands of a madman.

It was definitely unusual and unexpected. Other than that, I think it was only newsworthy to people in close geographic or cultural proximity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It happened in Taiwan, right?